How to view the images ...

To view a thumbnail image fullsize, right click on the thumbnail and select open in new window/tab.

Friday, March 30, 2007

GREECE

Greetings from a sunny Greece. Its Friday and although I have been pretty slack lately, thought I would get back to routine and post :)
I arrived last night for a teachers conference. Its our Spring Break at school - we always try and work our calendar around the NESA Spring conference :) Andre has taken a little leave to be with the girls while I am away. So that covers the....I am here on my own bit.
Well the flight over was okay, of course I sat next to a rather large fellow who was practically sitting on top of me - this of course meant I got no sleep and was a tad uncomfortable as he snored his head off. He also had a strange habit of shreading the plane supplied earphones hehehe
Oh well off to the airport and settle in.
We took a walk past the hotel to find a spot to eat. Managed to find The Roxy Palace - a 24hr adult entertainment place - decided to give it a miss.... at least for tonight hehehe
Up this morning, glorious sunny day. Off to breakfast, register for the conference and then out sightseeing.
We went to the Acropolis, stood on the hill Paul preached from (majority of the photos, with friends from school), walked through the Plaka (shopping area), walked in to the Greek Cathedral and finally made a stop at the Parliment buildings to see the changing of the guard outside the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
Busy busy day :)

Now starts our walk through the buidlings and down to the Plaka.



And now to the Parliment buildings and the changing of the guard.
Off to Hardrock Café now for some dinner and conference conference conference tomorrow.

No comments: