How to view the images ...

To view a thumbnail image fullsize, right click on the thumbnail and select open in new window/tab.

Friday, May 04, 2007

I'm off !

Okay so there hasn't been a posting in almost 2 weeks but I have an excuse. I leave today on our Student Study Trip to South Africa and Swaziland and well its been a little hair-raising. We have 11 students travelling on the trip ranging from 12-14 years old. We've had issues with getting visas but the real biggie was Tuesday night when I got a phonecall to say even though I had tickets issued and paid for, they had been cancelled. Gulf Air was stopping all long haul flights. Now we'd heard this was happening, it'd been in the news, but then they issued me tickets so ..... (In the news is that they are heavily in debt !) So mad scamble to find tickets Wednesday for our Friday departure ! We have tickets albeit $200 more per student - you can imagine how disgusted and angry I am with Gulf Air at the moment !
We leave at 5pm today and will be back late in Saturday the 12th. Expect an update then because somehow I can't see André getting on here inbetween making sure the girls don't demolish the house or kill each other and well then there's work too hehehe
Check out our itinery on the link above if you're interested.
Have a great week everyone.

No comments: