How to view the images ...

To view a thumbnail image fullsize, right click on the thumbnail and select open in new window/tab.

Friday, October 19, 2007

Getting into the spirit of things

The 2007 Rugby World Cup kicked off in France September 7 much to our enjoyment.
September 9, our first game saw me at school for our Annual Open House - never fear though, I went along in my Springbok kit and received score updates from my wonderful husband throughout the evening :)
September 14, our second game of the tournament saw me in a hotel room in Jordan - once again wearing my Springbok kit and getting updates from my wonderful husband :)
September 22, was a tighter game for us and I started thinking "perhaps I should be away every time we play ?"
September 26, Special mention to Alison - hope your day was a great one, sad we couldn't be there to share it with you.
September 30, was fabulous....although I had proudly worn my Springbok kit to school each time we played, the girls and I were delighted to wear our shirts to school the day following this win too !
And then it was the quarters .... we faced Fiji October 7 and in celebration of this win, André decided to attend rugby practice in one of his English jerseys. Now to paint a true picture, the previous practice he had been crunched in a tackle and had been complaining ever since of pain in his side, especially when he lay in a certain way - boys will be boys I guess. So it's October 7, about 8:30, practice should be finishing in about an hour, enough time to get home shower and watch the second quarter at 10pm. No chance André walks in, blood down his face and jersey, and a very primitive effort by a fellow player to bandage his head up - Thankyou. "What happened, I thought this was touch rugby not tackle" I exclaim. We head off to the bathroom to cleanup and disinfect, it doesn't look as bad as when he walked in but basically he knocked heads with .....the coach/player, Tony Mulrain. In case anyone was wondering.... Tony was perfectly fine hehehe. And I thought André had a hard head ! I sent him off to the hospital because it looked like it might need a stitch or two, they said he'd waited too long to come in and just taped it together - do they honestly expect you to be there seconds after ???? Thankfully he got home halfway through the next quarter to see Argentina beat Scotland.
(photos taken after I had cleaned the wound, cleaned the face too before sending him off to the hospital hehehe)

(Next day he kicked his toe on our bathroom scale - looked possibly broken or at least seriously bruised.)
'Tis the season for rugby and it seems 'tis the season for injuries.... in my house at least.

No comments: