How to view the images ...

To view a thumbnail image fullsize, right click on the thumbnail and select open in new window/tab.

Friday, February 24, 2006

Why I can't see photos I'VE posted !

Amusing little story about life in Saudi Arabia :)
As I mentioned before, I am doing blogs with my students and part of the assignment is to load a photo in with a posting - pretty simple.
BUT... for some reason at school we cannot see the photos posted :O The browser will not show them.
SO... I contact our tech support guys and ask WHY ???
This is the humiliating part ....
Manu - our one technicians comes over to my lab and I show him the problem, show him our Book Review blog for the students and show him our blog, no pictures show ????
He then proceeds to ask me what I see if I remove the first three letters of the middle word in the address (I think he was trying to save us some embarrassment) BUT idiot that I am, I say "HMMM I don't see anything, what are you on about ?"
So do you see it ???
By removing 'blo' from 'blogspot' what do you get ??
Yes I had to have dear Manu point out to me that it comes out as "GSPOT" and thats why Saudi Telecom has blocked images from appearing on any blogspot pages ! I think they fear just WHAT people might be showing :O
Do you feel my face glowing ??? Do you feel just how small (in my already height challenged state) I felt ? Do you feel my pain ???
And those South Africans out there who thought censorship in the old South Africa was bad, welcome to life in Saudi where it is both alive and very very well !

No comments: